Home   Messages   Forums   Classified Ads

Banner Finds

dirtdigger1581 rottonr HEAVYMETALNUT HEAVYMETALNUT Relic jamesbibb HEAVYMETALNUT dirtdigger1581

Support Relichunting.Net - Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook!

Click Here To Register At Relichunting.Net!

Google Search

Login

Relic Hunting Books

Partners

Get listed today on Metal Detectives USA!

MetalDetectives UsaCom

Create Your Badge

Coinhunting.Net

Bookmark Us

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VINTAGE AH PRO-2......
VINTAGE AH PRO-2...... 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
...I forgot that I won this last week....it arrived today.....I own most of the models from AH Pro line and so far my favorite is the Pro-2.....some or most of the models like the Pro and Super Pro have been tuned to be very sensitive to Silver but it is not very sensitive to Nickels and Gold Rings.......well the Pro-2 is more sensitive to Gold and Nickels and a little less sensitive to Silver.....These are Not Depth Demons and one must realize that they are more or less Specialty Detectors .....I would use it in a very Trashy Park since it hits hard on Gold ...Nickels and Brass...basicly I would only dig the very weak and the very loud or strong signals....anything missed ..I would rescan latter with a Minelab....HERE ARE SOME PICS.....Also this detector was made in Illinois...so some of you older hunters in the Illinois and Indianna area would remember these.......Joe
Texas Star
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VINTAGE AH PRO-2...... 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Texas Star
graphgraph

...Yea it went thru....another Pic....
Texas Star
graphgraph

....ANOTHER PIC....Notice on the 2nd Pic that the Fine Tuner is on the end of the handle....which was very usual for that period of time when all of the competitors used either the toggle or push button switch on the end of the U-Handle...in fact I really prefer the tuner on the end of the handle wish more had used it......Any comments are always appreciated........HH....JOE

Texas Star
graphgraph

Great photos and history lesson!

I never owned one of these or ever saw one in action for that matter. I didn't remember they had the tuner in the handle either.

That a really good idea back in those days. Since we didn't have 'ground balance' at the time we always lost the threshhold. I wore the paint off the side of my detector then because I always had my index finger of my left hand on the tuner making threshold adjustments (so I could get maximum depth). The handle was in my right hand. With it in the handle I can see where you wouldn't need to do that because you could do it with one hand.
Relic
Keep your coil to the soil!
graph

...This was back in the day when one of the most popular methods of hunting....was to crank up the Discrimination dial to reject Pull-Tabs...and mainly just dig all of the silver coins....the problem was that a lot of detectors lost a lot of depth using the detector this way....the only ones that seemed to not lose any depth was the AH Pro Line and the Wilson-Neuman's Daytonas.......
Texas Star
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Relic, Texas Star